Saturday, December 4, 2010

Doll Family






It was so much easier when the only family we were responsible for was made of plastic.  We could bend them into whatever position we desired at any given time, and they would say and do whatever we wanted - whenever we wanted.  There was a sense of order, of balance, of control.  It's not as easy when you get older and find yourself in a major decision making role, one which affects the real lives of others, who aren't quite capable of making the right choices.  Parenting is the hardest thing I have ever done.  Add the uniqueness of all of my children and it adds interesting, often tiring, sometimes funny, challenges.  I wouldn't trade any of it, or any of my kids for anything... even if the reality of who they are isn't everything I planned it to be.


No comments: