Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Child and a Shelf

Another Two for One Day....

 It's so hard to see your child hurting.  To not be able to help fix the hurts.  As a parent it's our job to keep our kids away from danger, to protect them from anything that could cause them to feel anything other then love and security.  Here is the thing though... we can't.

This last year has taught me a lot of things.  But the number one thing I have realized is this: God knows.  That may sound cliche to some, but  it's what gets me through the day. The hard part is understanding that God knows, but accepting that it doesn't mean things will change.  Patience is a big part of it.  God will make good out of bad.  But it will be in His time, and I've yet to be disappointed in the results of His timing.




 =========================================================================



There is a shelf in my youngest daughters room that holds momentos from her adoption, and pictures that reference important moments in time.  Every so often I stop to look, and remember how hard fought the battle to keep, and save her was.  There are amazing things in store for her, I have no doubt.


 

No comments: